Tired of SPAM? We can help you stop it.
CLICK HERE NOW!
We can set up a filter for your business e-mail domain to stop garbage like this from ever reaching your inbox.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Good Day !!

Good Day Indeed! A good day for another silly scam. I find it difficult to believe that anyone falls for these but, it happens everyday. Beware of all e-mail; Google for anything even slightly suspicious.
 
Coincidentally this piece of SPAM comes from the giant Google mail servers in Mountain View, California; IP address 209.85.192.195 to be specific. Yet the message poses as being from dbinibrahim@yahoo.com. It just goes to prove that anyone's mail servers can be put to misuse.
 
In a sad attempt to appear legitimate the scammer has placed a link to an old Defense.gov news article from 2005. So very clever...
 
Don't fall for it; delete.
 
SPAM scam text;
 
Dear Friend,

I must say sorry for interfering into your privacy without seeking for
permission. It's because of urgency of this matter, I'm Datuk Ramli Bin
Ibrahim, Director in charge of audit and account unit department, of HSBC
Bank here in Kuala Lumpur-Malaysia, I have decided to contact you for a
mutual beneficial transaction with 100% Risk Free.

In Jenuary 2005, a lady working for the Cambridge, Massachusetts-based NGO
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) moved some cash from Europe to our
bank. As her account officer she instructed that I should put a hold on the
fund that was supposed to go to Afghanistan pending on her return or
further instructions.

In the following month being February 2005, she got involved in a plane
crash in Afghanistan and the fund remained unclaimed till date. As her
account officer, I was aware that nobody knows about the movement of the
funds except her team who was also involve in the plane crash.

Please, you can view the news on this website:
http://www.defense.gov/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=25895

I want to utilize this opportunity and make use of this fund by
transferring the money to you. I want to work with you on it. The amount
involved is Twenty-Two Million Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars
Only. {US$22,500,000.00} .

Please send your reply to this email address: dbinibrahim@yahoo.com and
lets benefit from this golden opportunity. You are my first contact. I
shall wait for days and if I do not hear from you, I shall look for another
person.

Kindly furnish me with the following information:

A: Your Full names
B: Your Residential Address
C: Your direct telephone number
D: Age
E: Occupation.
F: Gender

Waiting for your reply soon. Have a nice day!

Yours Faithfully
Datuk Ramli Bin Ibrahim,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I won't post comments with links. If you'd like a link on site contact me directly.